FREE SHIPPING on all U.S. orders $25 or more
Tick - Spray BottleFirst mosquitoes, now ticks! Experts predict 2017 might be one of the worst tick seasons in years.
Our newest line of defense.
Approximately 10 months ago, in response to consumer demand, we set out on a mission to formulate and test a product specific to tick repellency.
Our new all natural tick repellents are made from a blend of cedarwood oil and geraniol, and passed efficacy testing with greater than 93% efficacy against two common tick species — the dog tick and the deer (black-legged) tick, which carries Lyme disease.
We're excited to share this new product with you!
Grab an 8, 4 or 2 oz. bottle and get all natural tick protection!
Made with essential oils and plant-derived ingredients.
Made without chemicals, preservatives, synthetics, petroleum, parabens, alcohol, phthalates and dyes.
- Active ingredients: Geraniol (0.90%) and Cedarwood (0.60%)
- Inert ingredients: Water, glycerin, castor oil, soy lecithin, sorbitol, vanillin, acacia gum, xanthan gum, Vitamin E, citric acid (totaling 98.5%)
- For external application to protect against ticks and other biting insects.
- Shake well before use.
- Prior to outdoor exposure, thoroughly spray product on exposed skin or pet's fur, and allow to dry without wiping.
- It may be necessary to reapply Bug Protector if you're in an outdoor environment where insect population is high and the duration of your outdoor venture is longer than 2 hours.
- Apply to children only with adult supervision. Spray on hands and rub on children's faces. Do not apply to hands of children.
- Do not spray in the eyes.
- Discontinue use if irritation or redness develops.
Most often asked.
Below are a few questions we're most often asked. Please fill out the Contact Us form if you have other questions not shown here.
ARE THE REPELLENTS WATERPROOF?
As with most oil-based repellents, they are not waterproof and will need to be reapplied after exposure to water.
HOW OFTEN DO I APPLY YOUR REPELLENTS?
Our repellents should be reapplied as often as necessary depending on the outdoor environment and your level of activity. It may be necessary to reapply if you're in an outdoor environment where the insect population is high and the duration of your outdoor stay is longer than two hours.
Environmental conditions such as humidity, sun exposure, wind, rain and abrasion may all affect the actual performance of bug repellents.
HAS YOUR PRODUCT BEEN TESTED?
Our tick repellents have been tested by an independent lab for efficacy against the dog tick and the deer (blacklegged) tick. Results indicate a high degree of repellency (>93%) with our formulation.
ARE YOUR PRODUCTS TESTED ON ANIMALS? Our products are not tested on animals. Independent labs test our repellent products for repellency against mosquitoes and ticks (arthropods) so that we can assess the efficacy of the products. During these tests, substrates are sprayed with our products and live ticks and/or mosquitoes are used to determine if they avoid or are repelled by the area sprayed with the formula. No insects or arthropods are harmed or killed during testing.
WHAT IS THE SHELF LIFE OF YOUR PRODUCT?
Bug Protector products have a shelf life of two years.
Good for business.
Bug Protector is a Certified B Corporation®, as we've been recognized by the nonprofit organization B Lab for meeting the highest standards of transparency, accountability, and social and environmental performance.
|Bug Protector is produced in a LEED-certified facility, which demonstrates that we value and are committed to maintaining sustainable and responsible business practices.|
|Bug Protector is proudly made in the Midwest in a state-of-the-art, FDA approved facility. From the R&D to the filling, labeling and shipping, all aspects of the manufacturing process are done by us, which allowsus to maintain maximum quality control.|